Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pathways

Misty clouds rolling by,
Tranquil pegs standing strong,
The quiet life that I should lead.
I don't take the path less followed,
Trails are made for me.
Those pathways in my mind,
lead to open fields, filled with all the changes,
some of which are mine.
Here I am accepted, here I feel at home.
Open skies filled with mist and clouds,
mean so much more than city lights.
If my shoes disappear and I run,
Maybe I can stay. Forever.
I love the life I lead, and the places that I go,
Silence is peace, and nature is calm.
But I must wear these shoes.
I must embrace my path, my trail, my field.
If it does not follow me,
Perhaps I should follow it.

Be sure to check out my other poems. All of my poems are posted on my blog, although I will be compiling another eBook of Poetry after Meow is released. Check back frequently, as I tend to post a new poem once a week.